Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Update

I have been missing from this blog for a little while. Things have been a little crazy so I've taken some time to regroup. Good thing is I had the laparoscopy/ hysteroscopy this last Friday. It was a completely new experience since I've never been under general anesthesia. I was super scared about that whole bit, but it wasn't as scary as I thought. One moment I was talking with a nurse and the next I was completely out of it. I woke up all groggy and disoriented. I was also experiencing a fair amount of pain so I was given some pain meds immediately. Apparently the anesthesia made me nauseous and I couldn't keep anything solid down that day. I was also cramping and bleeding a little bit afterwards. Right now I am only spotting and the pain is almost gone. I only have some discomfort when I make sudden moves or bend down to pick up something. 

The doctor wasn't available immediately post op because he had another procedure scheduled, so I am still awaiting on the report. I have an appointment next Thursday so that will give us a clearer picture of what they found, if anything. Fingers crossed everything is OK.

I have been resting and taking it easy. A has been super helpful with everything. I think he was even more scared than I was of the whole thing. My parents have also helped a lot these days. I feel so lucky and humbled to have such a great support system through all of this.

So, that's one more thing checked out of the list. Next!....

No comments:

Post a Comment